The division of territories in Cyprus is the result of the Turkish invasion in 1974. The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and the Greek Cypriot Administration get separated by a UN Buffer Zone. For each sovereign base, Turkey has a different visa protocol.
Greek Cypriots travelers should have a visa upon entry Turkey Visa for Cypriot Citizens into Turkey. Its citizens carrying an ordinary passport and official passport are eligible for Turkish E-Visa. They can proceed with the online application by visiting the Apply Turkey e Visa from Cyprus and get the required travel authorization before arrival in Turkey. Travelers from the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus do not need a visa for entry.
There are less than thirty countries eligible to apply for multiple-entry visas, but Turkey sets different policies for some nationalities. For Greek Cypriots, the system will issue a single-entry permit within 30 days duration. They can obtain the travel document before the date of their trip. Cyprus is also one of the few countries eligible for an on-arrival visa. Greek Cypriots have 180 days to use the travel document for their trip to Turkey.
Cypriots Qualifications For Turkish E-Visa
Filing out the Turkey e-Visa online application is an easy task. Currently, there are 95 nationalities eligible for Turkish e Visa. For Greek Cypriots, they do not need to go through a series of appointments to consult. The Turkey E-Visa process excludes the need for face-to-face interviews. Submitting a pile of documents to the Consulate or embassies is no longer necessary. Eligible travelers from Cyprus need to fill-up the form available on Turkey’s commercial website.
The Turkish Immigration took the chance to leverage the use of the internet and electronic devices to deliver hassle-free service anytime and anywhere. Cypriot applicants have to comply with Turkey E-Visa protocols and qualifications to obtain the travel document. So far, Turkey keeps their online requirements minimum.
Greek Cypriots can complete the application, provided that they comply with the following conditions:
- Cypriots visiting Turkey for tourism and business activities Turkey eVisa (e-commerce, training, conference, or seminars) can take advantage of the Turkish e-Visa system.
- Cypriots who want to get an employment visa, permanent visa, or educational visa still need to go to an Honorary Consulate. Turkish Ministry Of Foreign Affairs advises applicants to visit the nearest embassy.
- Turkish Immigration reminds Cypriot applicants to complete the e-Visa application five hours before their flight to Turkey.
- Cypriots must have an official and ordinary passport valid for six months. The validity count starts on the day they enter Turkey’s borders.
- Cypriots should review the contents of the form and the information written on it. Fields should match details in their passport and other supporting documents.
- Turkish E-Visa system will not ask Cypriot applicants to provide supporting documents (hotel accommodation, proof of financial capacity, return ticket, and travel insurance) upon registration.
- Turkish E-Visa System will verify the email used using registration. Once verified, it will generate updates regarding the application. Cypriot applicants will get the confirmation at the same email address.
- The applicant will shoulder the visa fee. Amounts may vary depending on the urgency they require for the application. They will see the available payment options in the section after the verification. Successful payment in the portal will trigger the system to send a confirmation email.
Any revisions are not possible once the payment gets accepted by the system. The system will send a document in downloadable PDF form, which they can save and print after. Border authorities of Turkey instruct international travelers to keep a copy of their e-Visa on paper.
Cypriots Travel Restriction and Visa Limitation:
There are several things Cypriots have to remember during their travel to Turkey. The Immigration releases modified Turkish E-Visa protocols and restrictions during the COVID-19 crisis. The following updates may vary depending on the statement of the Turkey Government.
- Airlines have to validate the health certificate declared by the passengers. A thorough inspection happens before they board the plane. Incoming international passengers, including Cypriots, must undergo to COVID-19 PCR test. They will onboard travelers with negative results. The passenger has seventy-two hours to conduct the test before the date of their departure flight. Direct flights from the following countries remain suspended until further notice:
- The United Kingdom
- South Africa
- During their 30 days stay in Turkish borders, Cypriots must take responsibility for their entire trip. Travelers from Cyprus get granted 180 days e-Visa validity, and they must use it before expiration. Otherwise, the travel document will be invalid. If Cypriots exceed the number of days available in their e-Visa, they would have to apply for a new one or cut their trip shorter.
- Travelers from Cyprus must not overstay in Turkey. It will be subject to disciplinary actions, such as paying fines and penalties. Turkish Immigration can suspend or ban Cypriots who exceed the allowable period of stay.
- Extension for Cypriots is possible. They must appeal for an extended visa by going to the nearest Police Station. Requesting for an extension may require Cypriots to present additional documents and extra fees.
Turkey Visa from Cyprus
This Electronic Turkey Visa is being implemented to allow visitors to easily obtain their visas online. The Turkey eVisa program was launched in 2013 by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey.
Cypriot citizens are required to apply for a Turkey e-Visa (Turkey Visa Online) to enter Turkey for visits upto for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. Turkey Visa from Cyprus is not optional, but a mandatory requirement for all Cypriot citizens traveling to the country for short stays. The Turkey eVisa holders passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the departure date, that is the date when you leave Turkey.
How can I apply for Turkey Visa from Cyprus?
The Turkey Visa for Cypriot citizens comprises an online application form that can be completed in as little as five (5) minutes. It is necessary for applicants to enter information on their passport page, personal details, their contact details, like email and address.
Turkey Visa for Cypriot citizens can be applied and completed online on this website and can receive the Turkey Visa Online by email. The process is extremely simplified for the Cypriot citizens. The only requirement is to have an email Id, a Credit / Debit card in 1 of the 133 currencies or Paypal.
After you have paid the fees, the eTA application processing commences. Turkey Visa Online is delivered via email. Turkey Visa for Cypriot citizens will be sent via email, after they have completed the online application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment has been verified. In very rare circumstance, if additional documentation is required, the the applicant will be contact prior to approval of Turkey eVisa.
Requirements of Turkey Visa for Cypriot citizens
To enter Turkey, Cypriot citizens will require a valid travel document or passport in order to apply for Turkey eVisa. Cypriot citizens who have a passport of an additional nationality need to make sure they apply with the same passport that they will travel with, as the Turkey eVisa will be associated with the passport that was mentioned at the time of application. There is no need to print or present any documents at the airport, as the Turkey Electronic Visa is stored electronically against the passport in the Turkey Immigration system.
Applicants will also require a valid credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the Turkey Visa Online. Cypriot citizens are also required to provide a valid email address, to receive the Turkey eVisa in their inbox. The information on your Turkey Visa must match the information on your passport completely, , otherwise you will need to apply for a new Turkey eVisa.