The requirements for the UAE driving license are almost the same as the requirements for the license application. The following are the requirements:
- 21 years of age and above: Firstly, the driving license is valid for 2 years and after the renewal of the license, it is valid for 15 years for residents. Those who are UAE or GCC nationals can renew their licenses for ten years.
- Below 21 years of age: License is valid for 1 year.
Moreover, the driver should be medically fit and get their eye test done from a reliable eye center.
Documents Required To Renew Your Driving License Online in the UAE
Following are the documents required for the UAE driving license renewal online:
- Expired driving license
- Copy of passport
- Original Emirates ID card and its copy
- Two photos
- Eye test certificate
- Payment confirmation letter from authorized driving school
So, no matter in which city you live in the UAE, the above-mentioned documents are required to renew your driving license.
Driving License Renewal Fee Dubai
If the driver’s age is below 21, then:
- The driving license renewal fee in Dubai is 100 AED.
- 20 AED knowledge and innovation fees, and
- If you requested the mobile truck service for the eye test and license renewal, then an additional 500 AED fee.
But, if the driver’s age is 21 years or above:
- 300 AED for driving license renewal in the UAE.
- 20 AED knowledge and innovation fees.
- Additional 500 AED if getting mobile truck service for the eye test and license renewal
Note: If you don’t renew your driving license in over 10 years, then you have to pay the fine i.e 10 AED per month with a maximum of 500 AED.
ONLINE DRIVING LICENCE RENEWAL DUBAI
RTA has introduced an online driving license service in Dubai to make the procedure easy and hassle-free for everyone. Below, we have mentioned the RTA driving license renewal office that you can rely on.
RTA Official Website in Dubai
The RTA website offers an easy and user-friendly method to renew your driving license online in Dubai. Once you are done with your eye test from the RTA-approved eye test center, then visit the official RTA website
This is what you need for renewing your Dubai driving license online.
- At the RTA website, click on the ‘The Driver and Car Owner Services’ tab.
- Go to the driving License services and select the Dubai driving license renewal services.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Pay the service charges via debit or credit card.
- Once you complete the process, you will receive a temporary driving license that can be used until you get the original one.
- You can use a temporary driving license until 5 or 15 working days.
- Pick up your driver’s license from Happiness Centres at Al Barsha or Deira.
- If you can’t pick your own and wanted a mobile service, then pay 25 AED and get your driving license at your doorstep.
Dubai Drive App
Download the RTA driving App to renew a driving license easily in your comfort. After downloading, log in to the driver’s license services and fill in all the required details. After adding the details, pay the renewal fees and select the delivery mode either the Customer Happiness Centres or via courier. Also, you can learn about car renewal in Dubai if you are thinking about buying a used car in the Emirates.
Online Driving License Renewal Abu Dhabi
The Abu Dhabi government has introduced many platforms from where people can conveniently renew their driving licenses online and avoid long queues during rush hours.
TAMM Driving License Renewal – Abu Dhabi Online App
Your driving license can be renewed within 6 minutes. The government has offered a range of services which includes fine payment, driving tests, and more. However, there are some steps to request a renewal of a driving license.
- Open the TAMM website.
- On the homepage, click on ‘Vehicle and Transportation’.
- Select the ‘Driving Service’ option and then click on the ‘Driving License’ option.
- You will move to the page listing the services related to your driving license.
- Select the ‘Request for Renewal of Driving License’ option.
Once you are at your desired page, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
How To Renew Your UAE Driving License From TAMM
- Firstly, apply for the driving license renewal along with the required documents through the available channels.
- Secondly, pay the license renewal fee in Abu Dhabi.
- Lastly, get a driver’s license.
Documents For Driving License Abu Dhabi
- Emirates ID card
Driving License Renewal Fee Abu Dhabi
- Driving Licence renewal fees for more than one year is 300 AED
- License renewal fees for one year are 100 AED
- Both the Knowledge fee and Innovation fee is 10 AED
- Renewal delay fines for each month (if applicable): AED 10
Official Abu Dhabi Police Website And Application
Abu Dhabi Police website and application are also the other options to request for the online driving license renewal. Firstly, keep yourself registered. This step is needed in both the website and the application.
For getting register, all you need is a valid Emirates ID. After that, you can easily go through the process of driving license renewal online in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi Police website and mobile app are other options for driving license renewal in Abu Dhabi online. First, you have to register your account in the Abu Dhabi Police system. You must know that this process is valid for both the website and the Abu Dhabi Police app. You can pay your renewal fee online and get your renewed driver’s license via courier with either an app or a website.
Online Driving License Renewal Sharjah
In Sharjah, the expat driving license gets expired after two years as well as for UAE and GCC Nationals. However, once it expired, renew it immediately. Here is what you need to know about the Sharjah Driving license renewal process online.
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR (MOI) – Driving License Renewal Online App
- Visit the website to car License Renewal Dubai.
- Click on the ‘e-Service’ option and select the ‘Traffic and Licensing’ option to access the driving license renewal online.
- Select the ‘Vehicle Driver’s license Renewal’ option.
- Enter login details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the license fee via credit or debit card
After paying the fee, you will be given a temporary license for use until you get the renewed one.
Required Documents For License Renewal Online in Sharjah
- Old driving license.
- Original Emirates ID card.
- Valid eye test.
Online Driving License Fee in Sharjah
- UAE residents driving license renewal fee under 21 years old is 100 AED.
- UAE residents driving license renewal fee above 21 years old is 300 AED.
- Renewal delay fines for each month: AED 10
- Additional shipping charges are 15 AED.
Note: If your driving license gets expired after 6 months, you can apply for the Sharjah driving license renewal online. Upon expiration, there will be a grace period of 30 days and then a monthly fine of AED 10 will apply which can go up to AED 500 only.