According to Canada’s visa policy, the citizens of France do not have to obtain a Canada visa before traveling to Canada for tourism purposes. However, you do need to apply for a Canada ETA before your departure if you travel by air. There is one exception to the ETA requirement. It states that French citizens and nationals who reside in Saint Pierre and Miquelon and arrive from the territory are exempt from getting the travel authorization. In all the other cases, the CANADA VISA FOR FRENCH CITIZENS is necessary and iVisa.com can help you acquire it in just half an hour.
Canada Visa for the citizens of France – requirements
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, you need to make sure that you can fulfill the requirements. Fortunately, you only need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa.com with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa.com accepts credit or debit cards. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of France – the online application form
As soon as you believe you are ready, you can access the application page and fill in the form. The task should not give you any headaches, but if you do need some help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa.com’s customer support. You can do that non-stop at no charge. iVisa.com’s form consists of three simple steps. The first one covers the personal information, travel details, and passport number, but you also have to choose a processing time option for your application. CANADA VISA FOR GERMAN CITIZENS The cost of your Canada ETA depends on the choice you make. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is USD $58.49.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 4 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged USD $115.49.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged USD $163.49.
When you get to the second step, you have to cover the payment and review your form to make sure that it does not contain inaccurate information. If it does, your ETA will be invalid, and you have to repeat the process. You can avoid that if you pay attention when you do the revision.
The third step focuses on supporting documents. iVisa.com will ask you to upload them. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa.com will send you the confirmation in the timeframe you agreed on.
The bottom line is that while the citizens of France do not need a Canada visa, you must apply for a Canada ETA before your departure. The ETA is a document valid for 5 years after issued or until passport expires if that comes first. You can use it for Multiple Entry, and you can stay in Canada for up to 180 days Per Entry.
Canada Visa from France
French citizens are required to apply for a Canada eTA visa to enter Canada for visits upto 90 days for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. eTA Canada Visa from France is not optional, but a mandatory requirement for all French citizens traveling to the country for short stays. Before travelling to Canada, a traveller needs to ensure that the validity of the passport is at least three months past the expected departure date.
The eTA Canada Visa is being implemented in order to improve border security. The Canada eTA program was approved in 2012, and took 4 years to develop. The eTA program was introduced in 2016 to screen travelers arriving from overseas as a response to the global increase in terrorist activities.
How can I apply for Canada Visa from France?
The Canada Visa for French citizens comprises an online application form that can be completed in as little as five (5) minutes. It is necessary for applicants to enter information on their passport page, personal details, their contact details, like email and address, and employment details. Applicant must be in good health and should not have a criminal history.
Canada Visa for French citizens can be applied online on this website and can receive the Canada Visa Online by Email. The process is extremely simplified for the French citizens. The only requirement is to have an Email Id, a Credit / Debit card in 1 of the 133 currencies or Paypal.
After you have paid the fees, the eTA application processing commences. Canada eTA is delivered via email. Canada Visa for French citizens will be sent via email, after they have completed the online application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment has been verified. In very rare circumstance, if additional documentation is required, the the applicant will be contact prior to approval of Canada eTA.
Requirements of Canada Visa for French citizens
To enter Canada, French citizens will require a valid travel document or passport in order to apply for Canada eTA. French citizens who have a passport of an additional nationality need to make sure they apply with the same passport that they will travel with, as the Canada eTA will be associated with the passport that was mentioned at the time of application. There is no need to print or present any documents at the airport, as the eTA is stored electronically against the passport in the Canada Immigration system.
Applicants will also require a valid credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the Canada eTA. French citizens are also required to provide a valid email address, to receive the Canada eTA in their inbox. It will be your responsibility to carefully double-check all the data entered so there are no issues with the Canada Electronic Travel Authority (eTA), otherwise you may have to apply for another Canada eTA.